Matt is the Team Leader for the Mahaffy Real Estate Group. With over 16 years of experience in real estate, Matt has chosen to specialize in high-end homes, Sauvie Island properties, “Move Up” buyers, and relocation. He describes the real estate business as “a phenomenal way to impact and improve the lives of my clients”. As a Sauvie Island resident, Matt serves on the Board for the local Charter School. When not working, Matt loves to spend time with his wife and daughters and find new physical and mental challenges for himself in the great outdoors.
- I grew up on a dairy farm in Coos Bay, Oregon. My brother took over and converted the family farm to an organic dairy.
- After graduating from Oregon State I became an officer in the Marine Corps.
- My wife, Fiona and I met on a beach in Australia.
- We have two daughters, Kira (14) and Keely (12). Extremely different, yet great sisters.
- I’ve completed two Ironman Triathlons.
- Last year, I did my first 100k ultramarathon. I only got sick once.
- I once spent six days living in a snow cave. I lived on one meal of 1,200 calories, boiled bark, and pine needle tea. I lost 18 pounds.
- I was exposed to the real estate business by my uncle John Mahaffy, who has over 50 years of real estate experience in the Portland area.