Nick Swann feels privileged to be in a position to help make his client’s dreams become a reality. Every real estate transaction is unique just like every client’s needs and goals are. Listening to people’s needs and helping them identify their goals allows Nick to create a plan for success tailored to each client. Providing trusted, professional advice to his community and helping people achieve personal goals gives Nick great joy.
For most people their home is their biggest financial asset. Making sound financial decisions around homeownership is critical to creating a solid financial foundation for any individual. Drawing on his education in Economics and the 70 plus years of combined experience on the Mahaffy Team allows Nick to break down the complex financial factors underlying any real estate investment for homeowners and investors alike. Even the simplest real estate transaction can lead to unforeseen complexities. Educating our clients and helping them navigate those hurdles, so they can make informed decisions and properly evaluate risks is what makes Nick’s job rewarding.
Nick has been very fortunate to have the opportunity to travel extensively, having visited over 30 countries across 6 continents. His travels have given him the profound belief that the relationships we form are the source of life’s greatest joys and ultimately define who we are as people. He enjoys living in a community which shares his love for adventure and an appreciation for diversity. When it comes to giving back, Nick and his partner, Jaclyn, are proud to support the Pancreatic Cancer Network and Oregon Public Broadcasting. He is proud to have the opportunity to serve the Portland Community through excellence in professionalism and integrity.
- When I was 9 years old, my parents sold everything and bought a sailboat. We spent 4 years traveling the world, before finally settling in Seward, Alaska
- Every year I return to Seward and join my father to compete in the Mt. Marathon Race, a grueling slog 3,022 vertical feet up the side of a mountain then a wild descent back down to the center of town.
- I fell in love with Portland while attending Lewis and Clark College, where I received my degree in Economics and Hispanic Studies, while learning all the twists and turns of the Willamette as part of the LC rowing team.
- After traveling extensively in Central and South America, as well as a semester studying in Chile’s Catholic University, my Spanish is bastante bien.
- I am proud to shamelessly promote my partner Jaclyn Edmunds in the publication of her first novel, The Price of Perfection.
- On my days off, you can find me out hiking in the Gorge, climbing in the Cascades, kite-surfing at the Coast, and generally soaking up all the adventure the Pacific Northwest has to offer.